Good morning, dear readers. If you want to lose weight, but don't want to go on strenuous diets, then you should read this article to the end. We have an interesting offer for you. This is a ketone diet for weight loss. Did you know that recent studies have shown that not only sugar, but cholesterol also decreases in this diet? Didn't you hear that? Then it's time to find out, because this is a safe way to get rid of body fat and significantly improve your health, without giving up most of your favorite dishes - meat, fish, seafood. Interested in an offer? Then keep reading!
What type of diet is it and for whom is it suitable
What is the keto diet? It is a type of diet in which the intake of carbohydrates and proteins is significantly reduced, but the intake of fat increases. The BJU can be like this - 10%: 80%: 10%.
Essentially, the keto is a form of diet with or without carbohydrates. Its main objective is to reach ketosis, that is, the starvation state of cells' carbohydrates. But isn't it bad for your health? Yes, ketosis is undesirable because it has its own side effects, but if you control its course, you can benefit from it. Furthermore, the state of ketosis is more familiar to the body than, say, overeating, since ketosis occurs at a certain stage of the hunger strike, which, as we know, was more acceptable and familiar to our ancestorsthan eating 5 times a day.
Note! The ketone diet is a safe alternative to fasting for weight loss, which is also based on ketosis.
How does weight loss work? Carbohydrates are the main source of energy. All cells need them, as does the brain. With a marked reduction in carbohydrate intake, the blood glucose level decreases, the body experiences an energy deficit (I wrote in more detail about carbohydrates, how much to eat a day and what type of diet to lose weight). He is looking for alternative sources of "fuel", ketosis begins. As a result, fats are used for energy. With the start of the ketone diet, they are no longer stored "in reserve", but are actively divided, which is what the weight loss needs.
Note! Ketosis begins on the second day of the carbohydrate-free diet. To achieve weight loss results, you must adhere to it for at least 3 months.
This food is suitable for men and women who have problems not only with weight, but also with health. The ketone diet is medicinal. It was originally developed for the treatment of epilepsy, but later came to be used in the treatment of other diseases, namely neurological and psychiatric:
- multiple sclerosis;
- Alzheimer's disease;
- Parkinson's disease; depression
- insulin resistance;
- hormonal disorders related to estrogen, progesterone and prolactin;
- deficiency of fat-soluble vitamins
Clinical studies have proven the effectiveness of the diet even in the fight against cancer.
The ketone diet was originally developed as a therapeutic method for the treatment of certain diseases. Its effectiveness is based on complex biochemical processes and, if something goes wrong, the opposite effect is likely. Instead of benefit, you can harm the body.
That is why the diet cannot be applied without consulting a doctor. It will tell you how to start eating well, with minimal damage to your health.
Note! During the diet, the doctor may even order a test to determine the level of ketone bodies in the blood. High values are dangerous to health and are an indication for the end of dietary nutrition.
The absolute contraindication for the ketone diet is:
- immunodeficiency state;
- kidney disease;
- severe chronic gastrointestinal diseases;
To avoid unpleasant surprises, losing weight should definitely check your health before starting a diet.
Pros and cons
The ketone diet for weight loss has advantages and disadvantages. It is worth knowing them in advance so that afterwards there are no disappointments.
Let's start with the merits. There are some of them:
- the diet does not change significantly, the menu changes, but not much;
- due to the sufficiently high caloric content of food, there is no feeling of hunger, the likelihood of nervous breakdowns decreases;
- you can maintain a ketone diet for a long time, it does not harm your health;
- the result obtained remains forever (if you follow proper nutrition all the time). The
- diet will provide the body with the long-needed fat-soluble vitamins, vitamin D (I wrote about the importance of the vitamin for immunity and bones), A, E (youth vitamin) and K (normalizes blood clotting).
Now we can talk about the shortcomings. To begin with, the weight goes away slowly. The first 2-3 weeks of significant changes are not to be expected, but they certainly will be. If you completely abandon carbohydrates or suddenly switch to a diet, the following complications are likely:
- weakness of
- decreased mental capacity;
- exacerbation of pancreatitis.
It is necessary to understand that the ketone diet cannot provide the normal nutrient needs of the body, since the proportion of BJU is violated. But all of this is possible if the BJU's ratio is 10/80/10%. An unbalanced diet can cause health problems. Due to the high fat content, liver problems are likely, and a deficiency of dietary fiber obtained from vegetables and fruits leads to gastrointestinal disorders.
But! The last mini-study in a group of up to 100 people. and for a period of six months on a ketogenic diet showed:
- Weight loss.
- Decreased blood glucose.
- Reducing bad cholesterol.
For more details, see the video later in the article!
Girls, more large-scale, long-term studies have not yet been carried out, so we don't know the effect of this diet on the body for longer periods!
What results can be achieved
How much and how much can you lose weight? The forecasts are promising. Even if you do nothing and leave the same calorie intake, but eat according to the principle of the ketone diet, then in 3 months you can lose 10 kg. But this is not the best.
The result depends on the finest. If he starts going to the gym, and also reduces his caloric content, the weight will go away with the wind speed. However, it is important not to overdo it, drastic weight loss is a major stress for the body, which can lead to health problems.
Important! With the ketone diet, all strength sports and excessive physical activity are prohibited, as the muscles are deficient in "fuel".
Main and prohibited foods
The menu must contain dishes made with approved products. What can you eat? It is worth choosing the products from the list:
- meat - pork, cow, rabbit and poultry;
- lard, viscera;
- fish - marine fat;
- seafood - mussels, prawns, squid;
- nuts - almonds, pistachios, walnuts; sunflower, olive oil;
- skimmed milk, butter, fermented dairy products - cream, yogurt, kefir, cottage cheese, hard cheese;
- vegetables - mushrooms, cucumbers, zucchini, cabbage, spinach, lettuce, herbs;
- fruits - avocados, citrus fruits, apples.
The regime can be kept the same, three or four meals a day are sufficient, but the last meal should be at most 2-3 hours before bedtime. The portion size should also be reduced, but the amount of liquid you drink should be up to 1. 5 liters per day.
Foods rich in carbohydrates are prohibited. DO NOT EAT List:
- fruits (except those that are allowed);
- vegetables with a high starch content;
- dried fruits;
- sugar, bittersweet dairy products;
- chocolate, sweets;
- flours, cakes, sweets;
- cereals, bran;
- semi-finished products; fast food;
- Alcoholic, carbonated and sweet drinks.
When eating fruits and vegetables, the daily intake of carbohydrates should not exceed 20-50 g.
When composing a menu for a week, it is necessary to correctly calculate the UBJ, as this depends on the effectiveness of the diet. To avoid the feeling of hunger or apathy for food, it is worth diversifying the diet, preparing new dishes.
The menu for everyday can look like this:
- Monday.Breakfast - 2 boiled or fried eggs in sunflower oil. You can eat an avocado as a snack. Lunch - stewed zucchini, seasoned with cream, a portion of chicken. Dinner - chopped cabbage rolls, fermented boiled milk.
- Tuesday.Breakfast - cottage cheese with sour cream. Lunch - fish soup, salad with carrots, grated cheese and nuts. Dinner is a stew.
- Wednesday.Breakfast - omelet with ham. Lunch - mushrooms baked with cheese, green salad. Dinner - fish stew.
- Thursday.Breakfast - cheesecakes. Lunch - chicken broth, boiled egg. Dinner - pork chop, kefir.
- Friday.Breakfast - ham and cheese sandwich. Lunch - mushroom stock, chicken meatballs. Dinner - zucchini pancakes, a piece of hard cheese.
- Saturday.Breakfast - scrambled eggs. A handful of nuts for a snack. Lunch - fish soup, vegetable stew. Dinner - cooked meat, coleslaw.
- Sunday.Breakfast - butter and salmon sandwich. Lunch - roasted chicken, apple. Dinner - fish cakes, yogurt.
This is a sample menu, you can make your own adjustments. If your costume is too bad, you should contact a nutritionist. He will give sensible recommendations.
Keto weight loss recipes
Recipes for delicious and easy to prepare meals:
- Cottage cheese salad.You will need 100 g of brittle cottage cheese, 2 teaspoons each. flax and sesame seeds, a handful of spinach. Place the herbs at the bottom of the plate and add the remaining ingredients. You can fill 1 tbsp. me. cream.
- Vegetable stew with chicken.Only allowed vegetables are taken to the plate. In our case, they are zucchini, cabbage, a little carrot and onion. Chop the vegetables, add the fried chicken fillet, season with herbs and oil, cook for 1 hour.
- Lazy stuffed cabbage rolls.Cook minced meat - any type of minced meat, grated carrot, minced onion and cabbage. Shape the cabbage rolls, place on a baking sheet and bake for 40-60 minutes.
Lose weight with minimal damage to health. Use only safe products. Do not use slimming capsules as they cause tremendous damage to the body.